Recent Posts

Just Saying

Just Saying

Friday 25 April 2014

Marriages 'Made in India' , by Lohita Poosarla Chapter-2

"Sooo  ... Heard that you are a bright student and wanted to continue with studies?”He asked her

Vathsala was seated in a chair opposite to the guy in the Balcony of her room, she was still sitting in the same posture, with her head held down, and she was confused on what she can talk and what she cannot. She slightly nodded her head to his question. She was shy and was hesitant to look at him.

“Don’t you have any questions to ask?” she didn’t respond to that question
“Well, ok, I have a question, isn’t your neck hurting?” he has succeeded in breaking the ice between them; with that question she raised her head and looked at him with a shy smile. She looked at him, he was looking at her, her cheeks went blue, red, pink, and into all colors.

She was observing him, he was not too good looking, but not bad even, with expressive eyes and a charming smile stuck to his face with a good body build.

“Hey... Hello... Please talk madam, say if you are not comfortable then let’s leave” he asked her in a serious tone. Finally she opened her mouth “Yes, I want to study further, but my parents are asking me to get married”

“Oh….  So you can continue with studies, no issues from my side. So what are you expecting from a guy?”

“He should understand me very well”

“That’s it?” he asked in a surprised tone

“Yeah... If understanding prevails, then there is nothing to be worried of, is what I think”

“Well, that’s really great” he told raising an eyebrow.
“So what are you expecting?” she asked him

“Well…. She should understand me for sure; take care of me and EGO shouldn’t come in between us at any point of time, that shouldn’t be the reason for clashes between us and most importantly she should understand my eyes” he said pointing towards his eyes and looking at her, their eyes met each other for a second, she turned her eyes towards the road staring at a random object and thinking ‘His eyes are so pure and full of innocence’
“Oh...

“Your hobbies?”

“Reading books, long drives with soft music...  yours?” she asked him, her nervousness was lost, she is feeling relaxed as their conversation was moving.

“Long drives, movies, freaking out with friends “he continued “So your marriage has become a hindrance to your career?

“Not like that, I abide my parent’s decision, it’s their responsibility and I cannot disrespect them and even I felt that I can continue after marriage with the consent of my husband”

“Then what if the guy doesn’t accept, I mean not me, in general”

“There is nothing I can do” she smiled weakly

“Can I ask you one more question?” She nodded her head

“You should have a plan B if plan A doesn’t work right? I mean what if you cannot continue further with your studies? You should think of something else right?”

“Well if not studies, I think I can get a good job with my degree, so I would like to continue with that, and even if the guy doesn’t accept that, there is no problem to me, I will take up the role of an home maker” she smiled and thought to herself ‘that was what girls are meant for you guys’

“Well, that’s great” he gave a appreciative claps and continued “Do you want to ask anything else?”

“No, do you want to ask any?”
“Well, a lot of questions are there but not now, so let’s……” he gestured with his hands that it’s time to leave, when he was about to leave, he turned back and faced her and told “I don’t have any issues, if you want to further continue with your studies” they looked at each other, his eyes spoke a lot and she was lost in a trance. His eyes told her that he liked her

With that he left the room, Vathsala sat back in her chair and was thinking and re –thinking what has happened earlier, ‘I spoke with him, without any fear and my god, his eyes speak a lot’



Authored by:
  
Lohita Poosarla


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Blogger Templates