Recent Posts

Just Saying

Just Saying

Friday 17 July 2015

An Imaginary Boyfriend and the PlayStation, Short Story

"Chand Mubarak," She wishes me.

"Moon looks beautiful today," I look at her, pausing the video game I am playing.

"How do you know? You did not even go out," She throws her hand in air. "Oh! Am I your moon?"

I nod.

"Now Switch off the play Station and sleep. If you will behave like this, I will leave you someday," She keeps hand on her waist.

"You are not supposed to leave. Moon is allowed to leave only once in 15 days and with the promise that it will come back next day," I puff a flying kiss at her, with my both hands still on holding game-pad.

"So, you are saying that I am allowed to disappear for a night and can come next day and you won't have any problem with that. My boyfriend will be so happy listening to this," She winks at me.

"How can you be so unromantic?"

"A romantic Writer and an unromantic girlfriend... we are not supposed to be together."

"Trust me, we are supposed to be exactly where we are. The biggest writer of all wrote us this way."

"Eid Mubarak," She smiles.

"Eid Mubarak," I resume the game.

Be it Eid or any other day, we argue, we fight,  our opinion differs, but at the end of the day we know that my playstation or her imaginary boyfriend will never come between us.

Ummm..... I am not sure about the Playstation. *Resumes the game*


-Himanshu Appie Chhabra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Blogger Templates