Recent Posts

Just Saying

Just Saying

Saturday 11 May 2013

“Jinke gusse me v mere liye pyaar tha…” By Sobhan Pramanik.


“Jinke gusse me v mere liye pyaar tha…”
By Sobhan Pramanik.

I could see papa bent down to kiss your forehead…
I could see a drop of tear run down your cheeks...
I could feel papa caress my curled fingers and your eyes flood with tears of joy…
I was in her arms…looking at her face that shone in the joy of having me in her arms…
I just wanted to know- Who else would have lived the pain… Who else would have shed their blood…just to kiss my innocent face…


I could feel my papa’s finger in my clutch…
I try to get up holding it...I almost did, as papa kissed me to sleep…
I could hear her saying to papa, how quickly I will grow up and how strong I will become…may be more than my papa…
I am still in papa’s lap as she is feeding me while I am asleep…
I just wanted to know- Who else would have fed me before eating herself… Who else would have sung me to bed every day, just with the dream…that one day I will grow up…that one day I will be as strong as my papa…

I could feel her soft fingers combing my hairs…
I could see papa keeping new books in my beautiful red Doraemon bag…
I could hear her saying me to be obedient in the class…and papa…he always wants me to be strong…he told- ‘beta, do eat your tiffin’.
I went out with papa…I was looking grown up with a little bag on my shoulder and a Ben10 water bottle around my neck. Yes, just grown up…to attend the first day in school.
I just wanted to know- Who else would have got me ready… Who else would have asked me to be obedient…just with the dream to see her smile that she retained in all pain to earn a name in this world…

I could feel my shirt soaking her tears, as she hugged me tightly…
I could feel papa bless me with tears in his eyes…as I was set to leave home for a different city to my workplace...
I told her not to cry, papa held her shoulders and consoled her as she said- “Beta, maa hoon mai tumhari…chor ke chale jaoge toh rou kaise nahi…
And I came to know the lady, behind my growing up. Who transformed me from an embryo to a little baby…and from there to a grown up human being. How can I let her eyes drench in emotions of sorrow that had seen countless dreams for me?? I couldn’t…
I hugged her back only to whisper- “I love you maa…Wo geet ekbar phir se ga do nah…jisse tum mujhe bachpan me sulati thi…”
And I could feel the curtains of my bedroom swaying to the early morning breeze gently brush against my forehead…I opened my eyes to find my mother sit beside me holding my hands just the way she did when I could barely straighten my fingers….the images of her fingers tucked in between my curly palm as I learnt to walk the first of the millionth step of my journey came flashing back.
“Happy mother’s day mama..” I wished her as she kissed my fingers.
Her eyes still had the tears…the tears that welcomed me to this planet a score back.
Those tears had the film of joy etched over it…and now it has pride shining to its full might.

You are the best mother…!! J

Author- Sobhan Pramanik,  
Write with us: 
Get your story featured here, please contact us at: iampurplepen@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Blogger Templates